Friday, March 28, 2008

Preparing a home...

As most of you know, this Sunday is a very exciting day for our household! Our new puppy Bentley Rufus is coming home for the first time. Bentley will be around 8 weeks old, ready to tear through our home. We have been doing lots to preparation for his homecoming. Made a trip last week to the famous Petsmart and purchased chew toys, food, collar & leash just so we can make it that much more special for Bentley when he comes home. The crate will be all ready to go. Even obedience classes will start right when Bentley turns 10 weeks. I’ve even went as far as having a family meeting with our cats (Aussie & Tinker) to make sure to make his homecoming special. I’m sure behind our backs the cats are planning to move out as Bentley moves in, but we hope in the long run they’ll become great friends. Just as our son is deciding to sleep through the nights & some during the day, it’s going to be like newborn baby city all over again. I’m prepared though, going to take on the midnight potty runs as well as the early morning feedings. Call us crazy, but we are excited.

In the same way that we are preparing a home for Bentley, our heavenly Father is preparing a home for His children! That place is called heaven! John 14:2-3 says: "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." Heaven is going to be great, but the bad news is that heaven is not for everyone! Matthew 7:13-14 says: "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Most people think they have the small gate in view, but sadly they live life on the broad road. Most of the world feels that just being a good person is good enough to get into heaven, let me remind you of the words spoken by Jesus. In the book of John, chapter 14 Jesus is asked by Thomas “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well." Simply stated, Jesus is the only way! Heaven is the dwelling place of God’s glory and it is Jesus’ footsteps that lead there.

I’m thankful that God is preparing my eternal home for me to live in. It’s going to be awesome, way beyond my imagination can think! Just thinking that my eternal address will be on God’s block get’s me excited!

Ask yourself….Who will be preparing your eternal home for you? God or Satan?

No comments: