Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thought of the day...

I've been reading out of the book of Joshua, and loving it. Yesterday I was in Joshua 9 and the story was about "The Gibeonite Deception" and it was not until this morning that verse 14 came to mind.

Joshua 9:14 says: The men of Israel sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the Lord.

Before I even put the first bite of waffle into my mouth I thought - I have not talked with God, nor read His Word this morning. How could me, a Christian have been up for 2 hours and not even given God the recognition He deserves??

It would break my heart if my son decided one day to say, you know dad I think I'd rather do my morning activities without you, go camping without you, I have mom and I'm going to just go with that and leave you out. And this is exactly what I'm doing to my heavenly Father. I felt bad, felt like I had done my Lord so wrong. How can I grow in the Lord when at times my effort is so weak.

This world is to busy for me, but I always need to remind myself that I should never be to busy for God! Just as the first meal of the day is very important to my earthly body, my first encounter with God is just as important to my soul. It's how I want to start out each day that my Lord blesses me with! Maybe that's why some of my days are hectic, not because of my circumstances, because I fully know that God gives me enough grace to deal with what the day will bring my way. No I think my days get hectic when I take God out of my morning routine.

So I take today and learn a much needed lesson. I can't be a fool and leave God out of my life, no not one breath, I need to live as He is walking with me each step of my day including morning activities.

I'll keep pursuing and press on!

This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: