Friday, September 19, 2008

Leadership in the Home

I wanted to share today's daily devotion in my leadership promises for every day. So here we go! Keep pressing, keep praying, keep being the spiritual leader of your home!

Leadership in the Home
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Ephesians 5:22&25, 6:1


Contrary to what many teach, leadership in the home is not about power or control. Paul asks for mutual submission and calls husbands to be Christ-figures. And how did Christ lead the church? He provided, taught, wept, healed, and died on a cross. Spiritual leadership means giving up yourself for someone else. It means assuming responsibility for health and development for your relationships. Evaluate your home leadership in each of the following categories:

Initiative - Do I give direction and take responsibility for my primary relationships?

Intimacy - Di I experience intimacy with God and others through open conversations?

Influence - Do I exercise biblical influence by encouraging and developing others?

Integrity - Do I lead an honest life, unashamed of who I am when no one is looking?

Identity - Am I secure in who I am in Christ? Or am I defensive?

Inner circle - Do I exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in my life, including self-discipline?

No comments: