Saturday, November 8, 2008

Obama in office by prayer? Not so!

People, even some Christians claim God has answered their prayer. They prayed to God that Obama would become the next president, and from a glance it looks as God has delivered. Just turn the news on and you will see all types of human race screaming from the streets...Hallelujah, Hallelujah God is so good, He has answered "my prayer!" But is that really the case?

As a Christian I understand God's sovereignty, royal power, and His dominion over all government powers. As His Word says He makes nations great, and destroys them; He enlarges nations, and disperses them. So God fully ordained Barack Obama to be the 44th President even before you casted your vote. I would proclaim that it was God's sovereignty that placed Barack Obama in the Presidency seat, not your prayer.

Preceding the election we had our choice who we wanted to cast our vote for. See God did not make you vote for Obama or McCain, we as citizens of America had a choice. This would be part of our freewill. I'm sure God would have preferred for us to vote with the intent of advancing His will and His agenda. But when people act off of their emotions and feelings, and not based off of what God's Word says then it's easy to be deceived as many Christians where who casted votes for Obama on election day. I'm not sure about you, but how can a Christian vote for Obama when he is pro-abortion & pro-gay marriage, things that are clearly not of God.

This morning I found myself in Romans 1-3. What I find in the text is God giving the people the desires and lusts of their hearts. And Paul makes it clear the desires and lusts where not of righteousness and pure things, but things that where devoted to the flesh and destruction. And then we end up in our present day with this same picture being played out. We have become a nation that desires the things of the flash and destruction, not the things of God. We have not only turned our backs on God, but shut Him out completely. And now He has giving our nation what it has desired, a leader that loves to rally with man.

When we claim to be Christian our identity is found in Christ. We find it nowhere else. We find truth in God's Word. We find God's love and forgiveness in Christ!

Please continue to pray for Barack Obama and his new leadership team. Pray that he will make good wise choices, one that would glorify God and not man. Pray his heart would embrace the truth that is in God's Word. Also pray for our nation as a whole. That people would walk out of the darkness that so keeps us captive, but walk into the light of Jesus Christ. That we would be a nation of repentance. Keep pressing, Keep praying, stay strong in the Lord!

9 comments:

Steve said...

Hey, bro

Check out my Election Parable: http://revolutioninthespirit.blogspot.com/2008/11/election-parable.html

Peace...

Joel Hamernick said...

so you believe in free will but not in God answering other christians prayers?? Dude I a afraid even if I did agree that Obama is what you claim, I cannot see how your theology could possibly claim this. It's wack!

this is a bizarre interpretation that neither Calvinism, nor Arminianism nor even Pelagianism could make sense of.

Lot's of Christians around the world prayed that he would be elected. He was. Even if it is one of those "sure I'll give you what you asked but you don't know the consequences" like when one of my kids demands to taste the vinegar plain, it is still an answered prayer.

Dude where in the theological world are you coming from???

Seann said...

First I don't claim Calvinism, nor Arminianism nor even Pelagianism. I'm just a devoted follower of Christ. Second my post had nothing to do with theological stuff. I merely was giving my opinion that Obama being in office was not by prayer. On election day Christians should have voted the Bible, period. Any Christian that voted Obama misrepresented God. The God I serve is against abortions and gay-marraiges, so why would I vote any other way. Keep pressing!

Seann said...

Anonymous poster,

I did not post your comment. Your comment was rude and uncalled for. You may not agree with my opinion and you have that right, but if anything, lets try to show some class.

Seann

Joel Hamernick said...

Sean,
Isn't John McCain's position on gay marraige exactly the same as Obama?

Seann said...

Hammerdad,

From what I find I would say McCain is for gay rights, but he is against gay marriage rights. Here are a couple of links, check it out for yourself.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/campaign-2008/2008/06/27/mccain-supports-efforts-to-ban-gay-marriage.html

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0605/24/lkl.01.html

Joel Hamernick said...

Yep. The point was that they are the same. Exactly the same. No constitutional amendment, let the states decide. they both affirm that.

I find that lumping Obama in as pro-abortion, pro-gay rights is somewhat disingenuous or short sighted but very common. McCain is in favor of letting a state decide to allow gay marriage. Does that preclude him from office too?

Seann said...

Hammerdad,

I think we can both agree we are at a dead end. You support Obama, I support McCain.

I'm sure we can sling mud at each other until Jesus comes back. It's like a Calvin Vs. Arminian. I say just live as 1 John 2:6 says.

I will contiune to pray for Obama!

Even with Obama in office,

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost.

Keep pressing, keep praying!

Joel Hamernick said...

a few points of agreement!