Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The turn of a new page....

HT:Growing in Faith-My brother posted this on his blog, I couldn't agree more.

We have a new President, and for the first time in USA history it is an African-American. I am excited to be apart of such history.

This was the first time I took upon myself the civic duty to vote, and I really had a good time with it. While I did vote for McCain, I am still thankful for the new President that God has put into office for us.

The Bible makes it very clear that supplications, prayers, petitions, and thanksgivings are to be made on behalf of all men (1 Tim. 2:1-2), and that includes new President Barack Obama. The Bible also says, "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God." (Romans 13:1)

Regardless of who you wanted for President or didn't want we must pray for our new President Barack Obama. We must thank God for him (1 Tim. 2:1-2), because all government authority comes from God and God is the ultimate authority, not Obama. We must also respect and honor Barack Obama (Rom. 13:7; 1 Pet. 2:17)

Only when the government tries to force a Christian to do what is against the law of God explicitly stated in Scripture, should he refuse to submit (cf. Acts 4:18–20; 5:28,29; Titus 1:6; 3:1,2). (John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.)

No comments: