Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Journal of Gratefulness

I'm grateful for the road God has allowed me to journey down over the past five years. Because of it my heart is forever changed. In the past my heart was only conditionally committed to the Lord, but today I stand to profess my hearts only allegiance is Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for what God supplies me, may I always find contentment in that. In the past It's been easy for me to find contentment in the world, thinking my job would give me what I needed (more money). It became easy for me to find joy in my paycheck and the stuff it gave me.

But at the same time I was being disobedient toward God. God was not holding first place in my heart, my money was. Even though I loved God, my love for money was deeper. So God took it away and left me with just enough to get by. I wouldn't change this year for anything, I'm just thankful that God got a hold of me before it was to late. My lifestyle of consuming stuff wasn't pleasing to God, but allowing myself to make the choice to be consumed with God and His Word has brought me to where I can meet God face to face.

God knows what I need and in His sovereign plan He will provide what He seems is fitting for my life. I've learned not to be anxious, but to trust the Lord to provide for my family!

"You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you...For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God...I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever."
Psalm 86:5,10,12

Here are just a few things I've learned to be grateful for!

Spiritual Blessings:
  • God's Faithfulness
  • God's Forgiveness
  • God's Grace
  • God's Mercy
  • God's Unconditional Love
  • God's Word
  • Jesus' Example
  • The Holy Spirit
  • Faith
  • Personal Convictions from the Word

Relational Blessings:

  • Wife
  • Children
  • Extended Family
  • Body of Christ
  • Friends

Material Blessings:

  • Car
  • Clothes
  • Food
  • Home
  • Job
  • Running Water
  • Worship Music

Answers To Prayer:

  • Family Surgeries being Successful
  • God providing our every need
  • New Church Home

What are you grateful for? Keep pressing, Keep praying!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great post. So in line with what I've been thinking lately. Glad I stumbled in here.