Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nets of Life


And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." And IMMEDIATELY they left their nets and followed Him. Mark 1:17-18

As I reflect back on 2009 I see where I grew in trusting God more completely. I have a new measurement of faith like never before. It's not that I have never trusted Him before. Last year was just a year of learning to keep my eyes on Him. My life has a new focus.

I have always allowed distractions of my life to keep me from moving forward. As we read in 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline", I've always followed my fears rather then Christ. As you will see, last year was a year I would drop my nets and completely follow Christ.

God has taught me that it's more important to trust Him, instead of trusting my circumstances that are around me. I will always have difficult circumstances in my life. That is never going to change. So last year I decided to pursue higher education. I enrolled last October and started classes at Liberty University Online just this month.

So I understand that school will be a hard, but short road. Raising a family, working full-time as well as school seems like a lot. I will be successful for only one reason. I will lean on God for His strength, and pray for His wisdom as I learn. I'm thankful for a wife that supports me and has encouraged me so far. She gave me a plaque that sits next to my desk that reads:

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward THE GOAL to win the prize for which GOD has called me heavenward in CHRIST JESUS. Philippians 3:13-14


Keep pressing, keep praying, keep moving forward!





2 comments:

Jesse said...

Brother thanks for that update. Its an encouragement to hear how God blesses us and gives us strenght when we think we are down and out or just plain worn out.

Jesse said...

Brother thanks for that update. Its an encouragement to hear how God blesses us and gives us strenght when we think we are down and out or just plain worn out.