Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Build Your House on the Rock!!

Build Your House on the Rock

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it." Matthew 7:24-27

Being Father's Day, I have so much thankfulness and gratitude for the family that God has blessed me with! God is good, Always! When I ponder my life I can't help but be thankful for the influence that Christ has on my life. I find my hope in things not of this world, but in things above!

What makes a family successful? If you said a big house, great paying jobs, a boat, yellow hummer, $20,000+ in saving, I might think you just watched an episode of "cribs". But the truth is none of these things make a family successful! Success is not found in the abundance of your possessions (Luke 12:15).

The success of a family is only found upon the foundation of Christ! As we read the Passage in Matthew 7:24-27 we find that when the storms of life come our way we are able to withstand them with the help of God himself! When we dig into the Bible we find God's will for our lives. We are not to just be hearers of the Word but doers of the Word! When we place our hope in anything other than Christ and that hope is swept away in the storms of life, we will drown ourselves in the worries of this world.

I would encourage all dad's to lead your family in away that honors God. Build your family on the foundation of God's Word, let that be your standard for living. God wants our lives and our families to be focused on His kingdom and His righteousness and not to be anxious about the things of this world. Remember God cares about us, so why be like the world and chase after empty dreams? Christ saves from the American Dream!

Don't waste your life! A life without Christ has no hope!!

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord! Joshua 24:15

God bless & Keep pressing

No comments: