Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Father's Day

As Father's Day draws near my heart finds a way to reflect on how I'm being a dad to my child. Being a dad is a true blessing from God, but it also comes with a huge responsibility. I guess I never understood the roll of a parent, that is until I had a child myself to raise up. I want to be all that I can to my children. A parents love is modeled through being a provider, comforter, encourager, protector. More important I want to raise my children up in the ways of the Lord, and that starts by being an example of what that looks like in my life.

This is the same type of love that God showers His children with! Our heavenly Father is the true model of how to love, to provide, to comfort, to encourage, to protect, even REDEEMED us! God made a way for us to be right with Him, the heavens declare His power & glory!

Here is a clip titled "A Father's Love Letter"

Enjoy it as you reflect this Father's Day! Remember you are Loved!

No comments: