Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Preparing for the missions trip

In about 3 weeks from Monday a team of about 35 Christians will be heading down to Rancho de sus Ninos in Mexico. I'm thankful that God has called me to take part in this opportunity and take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nation of Mexico.

Here is a video about RDSN


We fly out on July 7th. I'm also excited that my wife and sis-in-law are joining in the missions trip as well. I look forward to see how God is not only going to change and move us as a team, but also how God will move Mexico as a nation. My prayer is that God will open there hearts to the Gospel, and that they find the way to salvation that is in Christ Jesus!

During the trip we plan to serve the kids in the orphanage and well as doing outreaches in the surrounding colonia. We will be doing about 4 hours a day of hard labor, helping pour concrete where it is needed. Through out the trip we as a team will have opportunities to share our testimonies and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I will update as things come along.

I'm planning to spend a good amount of time over the next 2 weeks to finalize my testimony as well as a word that God has placed on my heart to share with the nation of Mexico. In the end, may all the good we do point to our heavenly Father which has been so gracious to us.

Please pray for us. Pray for safety over us as well travel down to Mexico and back. Pray also for the ones that are leaving family back home, to have God's comfort and peace as we do the work that the Lord has started in our hearts with minimal distractions.

No comments: