Friday, July 18, 2008

Mexico was good, God was GREAT!

So we made it down into Mexico by Monday afternoon on the 7th of July. The weather was hot, but not humid. Got a glance of the bathrooms, by the end of the trip, most of the females would have those listed as the low of the trip.

That first night we did the evangelism trailer. We headed into a near by town and started going door to door, to hand out invites to the trailer. We met lots of people. That night I was able to share my testimony along with a few other people. It didn't take long to notice God was moving and moving BIG. After everyone had shared a word they had invited people up to be prayed for. I'll be honest, up until this night I had never felt the presence of God this powerful, it was almost to overwhelming. Many of us had tears in our eyes.

People where giving testimonies of how God had healed them. From what I could observe, people in Mexico have nothing in worldly things. Except, that is a good thing, because faith is was connects you to God. Here in America we are so consumed with all the things that demand our time, weather that be our homes, ipods, TVs, computers, magazines, families, lets just say everything. I would think having no distractions would make it easier to draw into the presence of God. It's very easy for me to be in Church during prayer and my mind start to wonder. Not here though. The richest people in the world live in Mexico! They have the faith to move mountains, literally.

Over all the trip was good, but God was GREAT! Part of my heart is still in Mexico. Hopefully soon I will be back. I learned a lot about myself on this trip. When you have left most of your luxuries back home, you pretty much will have a good amount of time to reflect. I came home with 6 things I need to work on through those reflections with God.

1. My alone time with God
2. Loving & serving my family
3. Patience
4. Gentleness
5. Self-Control
6. Building each other up, not down

If you have never been on a missions trip, you need to Go! Don't worry about your age, weight, circumstances, give those over to God. Allow God to use you, just trust in Him. Rashelle had prayed and prayed for peace with leaving our son at home. God did not deliver on that prayer until we where heading down to the airport to fly out. Just a day or two before that she had said "I don't thing I can do this", I had just encouraged her to press into God and He will come through. Praise the Lord that He did. With us everything at times seems impossible, but with God there is no limits to Him, for all things through Him are possible.

On our way back to the border our van shared our lows and highs for the trip. My low was not handing out more gospel tracks. My high was the food at the orphanage. I'm thankful for the experience, and also that I could share it with my lovely wife and sister-in-law!

I'll post some pictures as well. Keep pressing, keep praying, keep enjoying this ride we call sanctification.

No comments: