Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Testimony for Mexico

Hello my name is Seann.

It's been about 4 years since Jesus Christ came into my heart. The life I was living until that day was not pleasing to God; His grace and patience continued to call to my heart in spite of my lifestyle. I had failed God in many ways. I was lost in a world of my own pain, hurt, and anger. I found my comforts in joys of the flesh, not in my patient, loving, God. It was my normal response to lie, cheat, and steal in the life I was living. I did not see my sin; a worldly lifestyle was the only thing I knew. I was blinded to the truth by Satin.

After I started participating in Church, I soon figured out Church and occasionally reading my Bible was not what it meant to be a Christian. I learned that being a Christian was a personal relationship with one person and that is our Lord Jesus Christ. My eyes were opened to the truth that is in Jesus Christ. My life started showing the fruit of a growing Christian. I started having a love for God's Word, not being a hearer of the Word, but a doer as well. I started communicating more with God through prayer; I began to share my faith with others, telling them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. The foul language I spoke was turning into words of truth. I started to understand I could not serve God and my flesh.

My life is a testimony to God and I'm thankful for the saving grace of His Son Jesus Christ; if not for Jesus, I would never have had victory over my addictions, victory over broken relationships, and washed clean of my sins, restored in relationship to my God. That is the power from the cross; Jesus went willfully to the cross; there, he died, paying the penalty for our sins. On the third day He rose, defeating death and the penalty for sin, revealing He was God.

At some point this life of mine on earth will end, either by death or the return of Jesus Christ, when that day comes I want to embrace eternity with Jesus forever.

So I ask everyone here, are you ready for Jesus' return? If you where to die tonight would you be in heaven, or would hell be your final destination? Where would you rest for eternity? Those are only questions you can answer. Maybe you feel you don't deserve God's love, but the truth is we find God's love in Christ. Romans 5:8 says "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Mankind has a problem with God, it's our sin. Romans 3:23 says that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Church, brothers and sisters, are you hurting tonight? Do you feel lost, separated, and lonely? Does your heart ache for companionship, does your spirit long to return in relationship to its maker? Our Lord is but a decision away, waiting with open arms for you…

It's never too late to turn from your sin and start embracing Christ. It's only too late once you die. Hebrews 9:27-28 says: Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Turning to Christ starts by asking for forgiveness of your sins. God's forgiveness for us is found in Christ and Christ alone. Forgiveness through Jesus Christ has value for one reason; it brings us home to God. And with forgiveness comes the gift of salvation, you are saved by grace through faith.

Remember brothers and a sister, Jesus is the only way. John 14:6 Jesus says I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me the son. Some people believe you can work your way into heaven, but the truth is nothing we do can make us right in the sight of God, not our good works, not even our Church affiliation. Our salvation is God's gift to us: Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Salvation is by faith and faith alone through grace in Jesus Christ. Faith in Jesus Christ is preceded by repentance. A turning away from sin or, going in the opposite direction of your previous behavior. This is an act of your will empowered by the Holy Spirit... A growing in holiness so your life will reflect Jesus Christ and not this world.

Today is your day of salvation. Remember eternity is forever, make a good decision.

Keep Pressing, Keep Praying

I look forward to bringing back a good report, Lord willing!

No comments: