Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reflection of Change, do you see it?

As I look back over that last 8 years I see areas where I experienced more change then in others. I don't think I changed at all when I first got back into Church. I still drank the same, said the same off colored jokes, all the things that would seem normal to this life, I did it.

Real Christlikeness change started happening when I took my relationship with Him much more seriously. When I realized how important Christ was, and how His precious words did not match up to my lifestyle, I knew the only thing I had been doing was running His name through the mud. At the same time looking like a fool.

This morning I find myself reflecting on 2 Corinthians 5:17 which says: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Everything about me is different. My thinking, my responses, even my walk with the Lord is different. I find my delight in the law of the Lord, and on His law I meditate day and night. God is my fortress. In Him is where I find my strength, my wisdom, the courage to stand firm in His ways. My old way of living was only leading me to death.

We can also read in Ephesians 4:17-32 about what this new life looks like.

So is your life becoming more and more like Christ?

Could you write down 3 things that the Lord is working in you right now?

Would your friends notice a change in you since you came to know the Lord?

Are you one that only looks to Christ for your "free ticket" to heaven? Is sanctification a process that is evident in your life?

Has anyone arrived yet? I haven't!

Are you enjoying the process of life? Are you preparing for that day when Christ will be revealed?

Are you ready to stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account of the life you lived or wasted?

Romans 12:1-2 says: I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Are we really worshipping Christ with our hearts, or just our lips?

Would you act differently in a situation if your pastor showed up? If you answered yes, then brothers and sisters in Christ, It's time to change your lives, your thinking, your purpose. Live your life in a way that glorifies God.

Meditate on 1 Corinthians 10:31. Is this evident in your life?
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 comment:

Geewiz387 said...

Yes, Jesus Christ is the only way to true salvation. As we all pray for each other, we get strength. A true Christian can point you to the right path but only God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit can keep you on the right path. I will be praying for you. Just telling others about what God has done for you is a huge step in the right direction.