Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Proverbs 2:1-5

Today was a great day! The Lord has been good today, even when the news of the world seems to be the opposite. I've been reading the book "So, you want to be like Christ?" and I must say this has been a book that is filled with jems. I'm always amazed how God puts things in my life, at the right time when they are needed. This book could not have come at a better time. The book today took me to the 2nd chapter of Proverbs, verses 1-5.

Proverbs 2

The Value of Wisdom

My son, if you receive my words
and treasure up my commandments with you,
making your ear attentive to wisdom
and inclining your heart to understanding;
yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.

I learned today that a lot of my growth in the Lord comes from a response of myself. As I seek more of the Lord, He in returns blesses me with more of Him! Just look at it....

"My son, if..."(v.1)

"For if..."(v.3)

"If..."(v.4)

All the "If's" point to our responsibility. Just as the book says "If we do our part in obedience to the command, God will be faithful to respond."

When we dig into God's word, when we store God's word into our hearts, God gives us His understanding, His discernment to distinguish between what is good and evil. Then and only when we give that of ourselves to God, we discover the knowledge of God. Wow. That is some deep truth! Church let's press into Christ with all our hearts!

No comments: