Thursday, July 31, 2008

Family Revival 101

So in the morning we are heading off to Leavenworth for the weekend! We are staying at "The River Spot." We look forward to getting away from all the craziness of this world. No computers, no cellphones, just the wife, child, and myself. Families that pray & grow together, stay together. Sometimes when I find myself weak, I look to the Lord to refresh me and my family. One of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 40:31 (NASB).

Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.


I find comfort in my God. I so thankful for Jesus going to the cross and dying for the sins of those who believe! Salvation is only possible in Jesus! For those that are for God, who can be against them? That gives me the drive to keep pressing in! Not to back down!

So, please pray for our safety while away! Pray for us as a family that we would truly connect with God in a deeper way. That we will trust God more each day we live. That we as a family would become dependant upon His strength, His wisdom, His understanding! That we would lay down the desires of our flesh, and pursue the desires of His Kingdom! I'm ready for a family revival!

Always remember, you are loved!

No comments: