Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family Revival 101 - UPDATE


I would start by saying these last 4 days have been some of the best family time that I have had all year! It was really good to get away from normal life and just spend time with the wife and child. I never knew my child could say so many words together at once. I really enjoyed spending some quite time with just Rashelle & I. I also enjoyed serving her this weekend, cooking her dinner, and just plain loving her. She really works hard running the house and child throughout her normal week, so for her it really was a nice break.

As I had posted before the scripture that was on my mind was Isaiah 40:31. This scripture was popping up everywhere, my facebook Bible verse of the day for Saturday, it was also the scripture that the church we visited this weekend opened up worship with! It was very crazy! I was constantly reminded that we as a family need to wait upon the Lord for our strength!

While away, we as a family had really focused on the passage in Matthew 6:25-34.

Matthew 6:25-34

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


So this will be the scripture that we as a family will focus on for sometime. It fits us well for the season that we are in right now. God wants us to be dependant on Him for all, not just when we can't seem to figure it out on our own. Why worry! As God's word says we are more important than the birds in the sky! While we are living this life we might as well enjoy the process!

I'm thankful for the time away. I have a stronger love for 1) the Lord 2) God's Word 3) my family! May this be the start of a crazy adventure in life for my family. God's in control. God's grace is sufficient for the problems we will face each day and with His help we will pull through. Keep pressing, keep praying, keep growing as a family!

No comments: