Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Formula: How to Know Right from Wrong

I must say the book "The pursuit of holiness" is a must read for all Christians! Without a doubt, once cracking this book your life will start to process of pursuing holiness. Reading this and wanting anything else would be like drinking raw egg and loving the taste!?! Today I read chapter 9 and wanted to share a portion of it which talks about how to know right from wrong. I loved it so much I HAD to share! Drum roll please!

Formula: How to Know Right from Wrong. The formula asks four questions based on three verses in 1 Corinthians:

"'Everything is permissible for me' - but not everything is beneficial"(1 Corinthians 6:12).
Question 1: Is it helpful - physically, spiritually, and mentally?

"'Everything is permissible for me' - but I will not be mastered by anything"(1 Corinthians 6:12)
Question 2: Does it bring me under its power?

"Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall"(1 Corinthians 8:13)
Question 3: Does it hurt others?

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"(1 Corinthians 10:31)
Question 4: Does it glorify God?

As simple as this formula may appear, it is powerful in developing conviction - if we are willing to use it. These questions can get rather searching. But they must be asked if we are to pursue holiness as a total way of life.**

**The pursuit of holiness by Jerry Bridges (Pg.88)

Keep pursuing holiness Church! We can do it with the help of the Holy Spirit that dwells within us!

No comments: