Friday, August 29, 2008

God's Sovereignty

Over the last few days I seem to have found myself reflecting most of this year. As I stand back I'm excited to see how God is not only moving in my life, but how it is His faithfulness to me that draws me into a more intimate relationship with my heavenly Father. I wouldn't change the path I'm on for nothing.

As I've come to understand more of God and His sovereignty I understand that it is God that determines the steps of man.

God is perfectly sovereign, perfectly good, perfectly loving, and perfectly wise. Through scripture I believe in a God that is sovereign over the earth, the heavens, people, events, and even Satan and evil** (Isaiah 40:12-31).

A scripture that I find comfort in is Romans 5:3-5 which says: Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Amen to that.

I watched the movie facing the giants last night! A great movie, a movie I can watch over and over again always walking away refreshed. Today I wake up thankful for life, thankful that God is moving in my life! I'm enjoying the process of sanctification!

Keep pressing, Keep praying, Know that God is sovereign!

**The Exemplary Husband (pg. 17&18)

3 comments:

Ryan Hall said...

Thanks for the post! You are right on with the fact that it is God that determines our steps. There is nothing man can do to throw off God's sovereign plan. It will go as He planned it before creation happened.

A foot note though, and that is on your comment "Keep letting God be sovereign!". God is sovereign over all creation, the godly and ungodly. We don't make Him Lord, He is Lord over all.

There is a point when God will harden a man's heart and there is no hope for Him at all. Read Romans 1:28

Keep pressin bro. You encourage me and my family!

Seann said...

Thanks for pointing out the error! Sometimes the wording comes out wrong, I did fix the problem. To bad your not coming to Chicago. I think John would love to meet you.

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

hey! im so glad you posted your blog on facebook. romans 5:3-5 is my all time favorite verse. it got me through a 11 week hospital stay. great blog! i plan on reading often. tiffany