Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It Doesn't Hurt to Ask

Why did I not die at birth? Why did I not perish when I came from the womb?...How long? Will You not look away from me, And let me alone till I swallow my salive? Job 3:11 & 7:19

God doesn't mind questions; it's doubt that He hates.

For many wearying hours, the three friends of Job - Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar - accused Job of all kinds of evil. They spoke the kind of foolish words that the healthy and ill-informed often speak to those in pain. But Job wanted to take his case to the Lord Himself! Only at the end of the book does God at last break His silence, and although He answers not one of Job's questions, neither does He chastise Job for asking them. God rebukes Job for only onthing: doubting His righteous character.

Leaders must never be afraid to ask the hard questions of God, but neither must they demand that He answer. No matter how dark our circumstances may grow, we must resist the temptation to doubt God's holy nature. When we. like Job, through trembling lips confess the awesome majesty of God, we may as last be ready for the awesome blessing of God.** (The Maxwell Leadership Bible)

**Leadership Promises For Everyday (Pg.247)

No comments: